The T.E.A.C.H. (Teacher Education And Compensation Helps) Early Childhood® Scholarship Program funded by the Florida Office of Early Learning provides scholarships for early care educators to work towards earning an Associate and/or Bachelor degree or credentials in early childhood education.
Major Features Are:
- A three-way partnership for the sharing of expenses by the early educator receiving the scholarship, the sponsoring child care center or family child care home, and T.E.A.C.H.
- Most tuition and books are covered
- A per-semester stipend provided for travel or for internet access
- A bonus for caregivers and directors who complete their scholarship contract
- The T.E.A.C.H. program works with over 60 colleges, universities, vocational technical schools, and community-based training institutions throughout the state.
- Since 1998, more than 37,000 scholarships have been awarded.
- The turnover rate for these T.E.A.C.H. program participants is less than 6 percent – a testament to the success of this program.
To help you think about and choose a college, view our Early Childhood Training Directory. The ECE Training Directory provides information on the colleges and universities offering courses leading to credentials and degrees in early childhood. Please note: T.E.A.C.H. may not offer scholarships for every credential or every degree at a specific college.
For more information, please call 877-FL-TEACH.